API Maker users can add multiple instances and connect databases.
Select database type from the drop-down.
- API Maker supports below database types,
- Add a unique instance name. You can not change the instance name later, it can be used in the script.
- Give a label and you can change it later.
- Select the connection string which is added in the default secret. You can update/add connection strings in the default secret. The active secret is the default secret.
- MongoDb connection string
- MySql connection string
- MariaDb connection string
- Oracle connection string
- PostgreSql connection string
Add max pool connection number.
- Click on the 'Test Instance' button. It will check the database connection.
- Now, save the instance, and you can be ready to go.
- 'Show all' toggle button shows the active and inactive instances.
- Select the added instance, and you will get an associated list of all databases.
- API Maker user can save the database setting by clicking the Add Database Settings.
- User can add/delete a new database.
- Generate bulk schemas to the associated collections/tables of the selected database.
- Select any database, and you will get the list of associated collections/tables.
- Add a new collection/table using plus(+) button. Users can edit the collection/table name anytime.
- API Maker user can save/update/delete schema of the collection/table.
- API Maker user can save the collection setting by clicking the Add Collection Settings.
- Select any collection, and you will get the list of associated APIs.
- API type 'GEN' shows that API is generated not schema API.
- If the selected collection has schema you will also get the list of schema APIs.
- Click on 'Test API' button, and you will redirect to the 'API test' page. You can test that API on that page.
- API Maker user can save the API setting by clicking the Add API Settings.