Git hub feature
- Add Git URL with credentials and Git commit user emails in the 'User info' page.
- After adding the Git URL, you can access the Git pull/push functionality from API Maker itself.
- API Maker users can create a new branch from the current branch.
- You will get the list of the current branches available in Git.
- Whichever Git branch you select in the dropdown it will automatically become the default branch.
Git pull/push & status
- After creating your branch push your changes in your branch.
- On the click 'Pull' button the current selected branch code will overwrite your changes. Make sure you already push your changes in your branch.
- Once you select the branch from the branch list dropdown you can check its status.
- Status is shown as the list of files which has a difference between the current branch you selected and your updated code(if any).
- Users can compare the code of each file. The highlighted part of the code is the difference between them.
- If the user does not want to push the changes they can revert the change by just clicking the 'Revert change' button.
- Write the commit message and click on the 'Commit' button to push the changes in Git.
- Now users need to raise pull requests from Git only.
Note: You can not push the Secret and Notes changes.
Note: when we update Pre/PostHook name and check the status of the GIT. You can see there old Pre/PostHook was deleted and a new one is created.